About Me

My photo
Call me Keri. Most people can't pronounce my real name. This is an experimental game. It ends up the same. Try and rip a part of it and it'll sound sorta lame. Stop makin me tame and I'll join your train, but keep on actin I'll step on your fame. Woorrrddd.
Currently Reading: Nothing! Sorry but college doesn't leave much time for please reading.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Kids my age are stupid. No really.


And I really hope this is not a reflection of what my generation will become.


Of course, I am talking about the teenage girls from Gloucester High who made a pact to get pregnant. Honestly, I gasped when I saw the story on the news. I mean, these are kids. One went even as far as to enlist "help" getting pregnant from a homeless man.


Here's an exerpt from the Guardian:


"As ever, pundits have wondered about what role the media might have played, suggesting popular movies like Juno and Knocked Up were inspiring teen pregnancies, much as the classic Molly Ringwald vehicle For Keeps? and the lesser John Hughes triumph She's Having a Baby did in the late 1980s. I vividly recall when a friend told me she was pregnant our sophomore year of high school, making her the 35th pregnancy in our class that year, and I asked whether it was Ringwald or Elizabeth McGovern she was trying to emulate. She told me, "We just got carried away and forgot the condom," teaching me an important lesson about teenagers, the media and pregnancy. Oh, and forgetting condoms."



I couldn't believe that some kids would really want to be preggers. Then again, teenage pregnancy has been getting alot of press as of late, with Jamie Lynn Spears, Ashley Simpson, and movies like Juno (Gosh, I love that movie though).

Juno was rather nonchalant in the way it approached teen pregnancy. I mean, her dad didn't really get mad and her stepmom was more than willing to help her through the pregnancy. If that were me announcing I was expecting a Lil Kay Kay, my dad would have either (A) gotten the shotgun to get the boy or (B) disowned me.


Let's throw dreams, goals, and accomplishments out the window and form a pregnancy pact! I bet you my college acceptance letter that I will be positive before you.


PSHHHAWWWWW

0 comments: